- This event has passed.
2016 Otters Club Gala No. 2
September 17, 2016 @ 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Welcome to the Carnforth Otters 2016 Club Gala 2.
The coaching team urge as many swimmers as possible to take part especially younger swimmers and those that have not competed before. The Club gala provides a great opportunity to put into practice what the swimmers work hard for and gain competition experience in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. It is also an opportunity for parents and younger swimmers to see some of the older talent at the Club and what the younger ones should aspire to. We have a number of top squad swimmers that are competing at National Level
There is no entry charge and no admission fee for this Gala. We will be relying on the sale of raffle tickets on the door to cover costs. Any raffle prizes will be gratefully received on the day.
Please encourage your child to enter ALL galas
Entry is via online form. If you have any problems or questions, please contact Amanda Livingstone, Viv Denby or Caroline Adamson.
1) Entries will NOT be accepted after the entry deadline of Sunday 11th September
2) All parents MUST submit their child’s times if they have swum the event before.
3) Swimmers will be seeded according to their times and not age **.
4) Parents are required to register their child’s attendance before entering the pool area – Note early warm up time 3pm.
5) For this Gala there will be no relay race therefore Team hats are not required.
6) All swimmers receiving medals must wear a T-shirt to comply with ASA child protection legislation.
** Please explain to your child that heats are organised according to seed time, not age. Winning a heat does not necessarily mean winning the event, as other swimmers in the same age group could be swimming in faster heats. This can sometimes cause upset on the day and is best explained in advance.
Points system = 16points for 1st place reducing by 1point per place, to 16th place (2nd = 15points… 16th = 1point).
We are trialing a new online entry system for this gala and would welcome feedback.
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED