2018 Carnforth Otters Club Gala No.1
Welcome to the Carnforth Otters 2018 Club Gala 1
The Club holds 2 internal galas each year which provide a great opportunity for our younger swimmers in particular to gain competition experience in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere with the support and guidance of the Clubs more senior swimmers. The galas incorporate all 4 strokes and an IM giving swimmers an opportunity to put into practice what they work hard on in training. The program of events is aimed at preparing swimmers for the numerous levels of competition they may take part in i.e. Microleague, North Lancs (50m), Arena (100m) , Open and Championship events. It is also an opportunity for the Club to showcase the depth of talent that we have with several of our older swimmers being amongst the best in the Country. Therefore the coaching team encourage as many swimmers as possible to take part and that parents / grandparents / friends come along to show their support.
We are always looking for help in preparation for the club galas as well as on the day.
If you would like to join the Gala Sub-committee or are willing to help on the day with either marshalling, presenting medals and certificates, posting results etc. please let us know via email email@example.com
Program of events
To be confirmed
Entry is via our ONLINE ENTRY FORM which will be available here nearer the time.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries will NOT be accepted after the entry deadline of ???.
- Entry times MUST be submitted. Previous gala times can be found on the Results page. Please seek guidance from your child’s coach before submission if you are unsure.
- Swimmers will be seeded according to their swim times and not age **.
- Parents are required to register their child’s attendance before entering the pool area – Note early warm up time ???.
- Medals will be award to the fastest 3 boys and girls in each age group (age as at 31st Dec) – Certificates will be available to all swimmers.
- All swimmers receiving medals must wear a T-shirt to comply with ASA child protection legislation.
- Bring a drink and warm clothing for between races!
** Please explain to your child that heats are organised according to seed time, not age. Winning a heat does not necessarily mean winning the event, as other swimmers in the same age group could be swimming in faster heats. This can sometimes cause upset on the day and is best explained in advance.
Points system = 16 points for 1st place reducing by 1 point per place, to 16th place (2nd = 15 points… 16th = 1 point). The boy and girl in each age group with the most points over the 2 galas will receive an award at the Club’s Annual Presentation.