- This event has passed.
Microleague Time Trials, 2017
January 21, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
A time trial is a swim under competition rules to gain a time in a given stroke and distance
- to introduce swimmers to gala/competition.
- to gain up to date times for gala selection.
- to highlight areas of improvement for a given swimmer to the coaches.
Today’s time trials are – 50m Freestyle, 50m Breaststroke, 50m Backstroke, 25m Butterfly (for the 9yr olds), 50m Butterfly (for the 10-12yr olds)
This is for all swimmers who are
- 9 years old before 27th November 2017
- For 10,11 & 12 year olds the age will be as at 31st December 2017
If you will be 9yrs on 28th November 2017 or after, or 13yrs before 31st December 2017, then unfortunately you are not eligible for the 2017 Microleague Season or this time trial. However, we may well undertake another time trial later on in the year as part of teaching and training programme. Note, ALL swimmers who fall into the above age groups are invited, ie. if you child swims in the tank (otters / cubs) it does not exclude participation in the trials. Every year we have some 9-year old tank swimmers in our teams.
- 9 & 10yrs categories @ 4-5pm
- 11 & 12yrs categories @ 5-6.30pm
Further details about the trials, timings, and what you might need or expect.
Training will be as follows:
Training in the tank will be running as usual. The main pool session for later T-squad swimmers will be condensed into 4 lanes of the main pool. The 4-5pm session in the main pool will only be for those meeting the above age requirements.