- This event has passed.
2017 Carnforth Otters Club Gala No.1
May 6, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Welcome to the Carnforth Otters 2017 Club Gala 1
The Club hold 2 internal galas each year which provide a great opportunity for our younger swimmers in particular to gain competition experience in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere with the support and guidance of the Clubs more senior swimmers. The galas incorporate all 4 strokes and an IM giving swimmers an opportunity to put into practice what they work hard on in training. It is also an opportunity for the Club to showcase the depth of talent that we have with several of our older swimmers being amongst the best in the Country. Therefore the coaching team urge as many swimmers as possible to take part and that parents / grandparents / friends come along to show their support.
Galas are free to enter via the online entry form and admission is only £1 including a raffle ticket. Any raffle donations are appreciated.
Program of events
|EVENT||AGE (on 31st December)|
|18m Woggle/noodle||non-swimmers (TANK)|
|18m Backstroke||7 & under (TANK)|
|25m Backstroke||Age 8 & 9 (MAIN POOL)|
|50m Backstroke||Age 10|
|100m Backstroke||Age 11 & over|
|18m Freestyle||7 & under (TANK)|
|25m Butterfly||Age 8 & 9 (MAIN POOL)|
|50m Butterfly||Age 10|
|100m Butterfly||Age 11 & over|
|25m Freestyle||Age 8 & 9 (MAIN POOL)|
|50m Freestyle||Age 10|
|100m Freestyle||Age 11 & over|
- Entries will NOT be accepted after the entry deadline of Sunday 30th April.
- Entry times must be submitted. Please seek guidance from your child’s coach before submission if you are unsure.
- Swimmers will be seeded according to their times and not age **.
- Parents are required to register their child’s attendance before entering the pool area – Note early warm up time 3pm.
- Medals will be award to the fastest 3 boys and girls in each age group (age as at 31st Dec) – Certificates will be available to all swimmers.
- All swimmers receiving medals must wear a T-shirt to comply with ASA child protection legislation.
- Bring a drink and warm clothing for between races!
** Please explain to your child that heats are organised according to seed time, not age. Winning a heat does not necessarily mean winning the event, as other swimmers in the same age group could be swimming in faster heats. This can sometimes cause upset on the day and is best explained in advance.
Points system = 16 points for 1st place reducing by 1 point per place, to 16th place (2nd = 15 points… 16th = 1 point). The boy and girl in each age group with the most points over the 2 galas will receive an award at the Club’s Annual Presentation.