- This event has passed.
2017 Carnforth Otters Club Gala No.2
September 23, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Welcome to the Carnforth Otters 2017 Club Gala 2
The Club hold 2 internal galas each year which provide a great opportunity for our younger swimmers in particular to gain competition experience in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere with the support and guidance of the Clubs more senior swimmers. The galas incorporate all 4 strokes and an IM giving swimmers an opportunity to put into practice what they work hard on in training. The program of events is aimed at preparing swimmers for the numerous levels of competition they may take part in i.e. Microleague, North Lancs (50m), Arena (100m) , Open and Championship events. It is also an opportunity for the Club to showcase the depth of talent that we have with several of our older swimmers being amongst the best in the Country. Therefore the coaching team encourage as many swimmers as possible to take part and that parents / grandparents / friends come along to show their support.
Galas are free to enter via the online entry form. Please note that it is not compulsory to enter every event and should you have any concerns regarding your swimmer please seek advice from their respective coach. Please note that following feedback from our first gala swimmers will be given the opportunity to enter a 50m butterfly event as an alternative to 100m butterfly but gala points will not be awarded.
Admission is only £1 including a raffle ticket. Any raffle donations are appreciated.
If you would like to join the Gala Sub-committee or are willing to help on the day with either marshalling, presenting medals and certificates, posting results etc. please contact Amanda Livingstone via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Program of events
(Running order is not finalised)
|EVENT||AGE (on 31st December)|
|18m Woggle/noodle||non-swimmers (TANK)|
|18m Backstroke||7 & under (TANK)|
|25m Backstroke||Age 8 & 9 (MAIN POOL)|
|50m Breaststroke||Age 10|
|100m Breaststroke||Age 11 & over|
|18m Freestyle||7 & under (TANK)|
|25m Breaststroke||Age 8 & 9 (MAIN POOL)|
|100m IM||Age 10 & over|
|25m Freestyle||Age 8 & 9 (MAIN POOL)|
|50m Freestyle||Age 10|
|100m Freestyle||Age 11 & over|
Entry is via ONLINE ENTRY FORM .
If you have any problems or questions, please contact Amanda Livingstone or Steve Mead on email@example.com
- Entries will NOT be accepted after the entry deadline of Sunday 17th September.
- Entry times MUST be submitted. Previous gala times can be found on the Results page. Please seek guidance from your child’s coach before submission if you are unsure.
- Swimmers will be seeded according to their swim times and not age **.
- Parents are required to register their child’s attendance before entering the pool area – Note early warm up time 3pm.
- Medals will be award to the fastest 3 boys and girls in each age group (age as at 31st Dec) – Certificates will be available to all swimmers.
- All swimmers receiving medals must wear a T-shirt to comply with ASA child protection legislation.
- Bring a drink and warm clothing for between races!
** Please explain to your child that heats are organised according to seed time, not age. Winning a heat does not necessarily mean winning the event, as other swimmers in the same age group could be swimming in faster heats. This can sometimes cause upset on the day and is best explained in advance.
Points system = 16 points for 1st place reducing by 1 point per place, to 16th place (2nd = 15 points… 16th = 1 point). The boy and girl in each age group with the most points over the 2 galas will receive an award at the Club’s Annual Presentation.