- This event has passed.
2018 Carnforth Otters Christmas Gala
December 15, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Welcome to the Carnforth Otters 2018 Christmas Gala
This gala is licensed at level 4 and shall be run under ASA Laws and Technical Rules and the promoter’s conditions. The competition is only open to members of Carnforth & District Otters Amateur Swimming Club who are at least 9 years old on the day of the meet.
Please note that it is not compulsory to enter every event and should you have any concerns regarding your swimmer, please seek advice from their respective coach.
Warm up – 2:00pm, Start – 2:50pm
|EVENT||AGE (on 31st December)|
|101||Girls Age 9 & over 50m Freestyle|
|102||Boys Age 9 & over 50m Freestyle|
|103||Girls Age 10 & over 100m IM|
|104||Boys Age 10 & over 100m IM|
|105||Girls Age 9 & over 50m Breaststroke|
|106||Boys Age 9 & over 50m Breaststroke|
|107||Girls Age 10 & over 200m Freestyle|
|108||Boys Age 10 & over 200m Freestyle|
|109||Girls Age 9 & over 50m Backstroke|
|110||Boys Age 9 & over 50m Backstroke|
Bring a drink and warm clothing for between races!
Entry is via ONLINE ENTRY FORM.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact email@example.com
- Entries will NOT be accepted after the entry deadline of Friday 30th November 2018.
- Entry times MUST be submitted and entry fee (50p per event) paid, for entries to be accepted. Previous gala times, time trials and league times (e.g. Microleague) can be used. If you don’t yet have a time, please ask your coach.
- Swimmers will be seeded according to their swim times and not age **.
- Parents are required to register their swimmers attendance before entering the pool area.
- Medals will be award to the fastest 3 boys and girls in each age group (age as at 31st Dec)
- All swimmers receiving medals must wear a T-shirt AND shorts to comply with ASA child protection legislation.
- ALL swimmers must be full members of Carnforth Otters ASC in order to participate – ASA Regulations.
Any raffle donations would be greatly appreciated.
If you would like to join the Gala Sub-committee or are willing to help on the day with either marshalling, presenting medals, posting results etc. please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
** Please explain to your swimmer that heats are organised according to seed time, not age. Winning a heat does not necessarily mean winning the event, as other swimmers in the same age group could be swimming in faster heats. This can sometimes cause upset on the day and is best explained in advance.
Entries to the meet will be held on a computer and consent, as required by the Data Protection Act 1998 to the holding of personal information on computer, will be deemed to have been given by the submission of the entry, as shall your consent for such details to be published both during and after the meet.