- This event has passed.
2019 Carnforth Otters Club Gala No.2
December 7, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Welcome to the Carnforth Otters 2019 Club Gala 2
The club holds a number of internal galas each year which provide a great opportunity for our younger swimmers in particular to gain competition experience in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with the support and guidance of the clubs more senior swimmers. The galas incorporate all 4 strokes and an IM, giving swimmers an opportunity to put into practice what they work hard on in training. The program of events is aimed at preparing swimmers for the numerous levels of competition they may take part in i.e. Diddy League, North Lancs League, Open, and Championship events. It is also an opportunity for the club to showcase the depth of talent that we have with several of our older swimmers being among the best in the Country. Therefore, the coaching team encourages as many swimmers as possible to take part, and parents/grandparents/friends to come along and show their support.
This gala is licensed at level 4 and shall be run under ASA Laws and Technical Rules and the promoter’s conditions.
Please note that it is not compulsory to enter every event and should you have any concerns regarding your swimmer, please seek advice from their respective coach. Also see Competition FAQs
Warm up for all swimmers: 3:00pm. Registration by 2:45pm please
|7yrs/under 18m Backstroke (non-licenced event)|
|7yrs/under 18m Freestyle (non-licenced event)|
|9yrs/over 100m Freestyle|
|8yrs/under 25m Backstroke (non-licenced event)|
|9yrs/over 50m Backstroke|
|9yrs/over 100m Breaststroke|
|8yrs/under 25m Breaststroke (non-licenced event)|
|9yrs/over 50m Freestyle|
|9yrs/over 100m Backstroke|
|8yrs/under 25m Freestyle (non-licenced event)|
|9yrs/over 50m Breaststroke|
|9yrs/over 50m Butterfly|
Events for swimmers aged 7 years and under on 31st December 2019 will be held in the tank (18m). All other events are in the main pool.
Bring a drink and warm clothing for between races!
Entry is via ONLINE ENTRY FORM >>>
If you have any problems or questions, please ask.
- Entries will NOT be accepted after the entry deadline of Sunday 17th November 2019.
- Entry times MUST be submitted and entry fee (£2.00 per event) paid, for entries to be accepted. Previous gala times, time trials and league times (e.g. Diddy league) can used. If you don’t yet have a time, please ask your coach.
- Entries are restricted to a maximum of 3 events per swimmer, or 4 events for swimmers in the 11/over age group.
- Swimmers will be seeded according to their swim times and not age **.
- Parents are required to register their swimmers attendance before entering the pool area.
- Medals will be award to the fastest 3 boys and girls in each age group (age as at 31st December).
- All swimmers receiving medals must wear a T-shirt AND shorts to comply with ASA child protection legislation.
- ALL swimmers must be full members of Carnforth Otters ASC in order to participate – ASA Regulations.
** Please explain to your swimmer
that heats are organised according to seed time, not age. Winning a heat does not necessarily mean winning the event, as other swimmers in the same age group could be swimming in faster heats. This can sometimes cause upset on the day and is best explained in advance.
Points system for Club Awards = 16 points for 1st place reducing by 1 point per place, to 16th place (2nd = 15 points… 16th = 1 point). The boy and girl in each age group with the most points over the 2 galas will receive an award at the Club’s Annual Presentation.
Any raffle donations would be greatly appreciated.
If you would like to join the Gala Sub-committee or are willing to help on the day with either marshalling, presenting medals and certificates, posting results etc. please contact a committee member.
Entries to the meet will be held electronically in compliance with the the Data Protection Act 1998. Consent will be deemed to have been given by the submission of the entry form, as shall your consent for such details to be published both during and after the meet. Please refer to our Data Protection and Privacy notices.