Vacancy – Head Coach
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Head Coach at Carnforth and District Otters ASA Swimming Club based in North Lancashire.
Carnforth Otters is a family-friendly competitive swimming club, with swimmers ranging from 6 years upwards. We seek a candidate who is able to demonstrate their passion for supporting our community-based club grow. With a track record for developing and delivering a training programme which supports swimmers of all ages to reach their full potential.
The club has achieved great success at County, Regional and National levels and is looking for a Head Coach who has passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming.
Applicants will have proven experience in coaching and developing competitive swimmers up to county level and above. Responsible for leading the coaching programme with the support of the current dedicated coaching team.
We are a Swim Mark accredited club with a strong voluntary coaching and support team. We have 200 swimming members and continue grow our membership. We strive to provide opportunities for each of our swimmers, in order for them to achieve their personal goals through competitive activities and improved fitness at all levels.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold Swim England/ASA minimum Level 2 qualification in Swimming coaching.
- Plan, deliver and provide engaging and progressive training.
- Deliver all sessions in line with Carnforth Otters code of conduct and with consideration of child protection policies during squad sessions.
- Regularly review training and performance to ensure that the training programme is always moving forwards.
- Be willing to keep up to date with future developments in swimming and share this knowledge with the rest of the coaching team.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to motivate and coach swimmers, working closely on technique development.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and team building abilities in order to develop and enhance close working relationships within the existing coaching team
- Be driven and knowledgeable, whilst possessing the ability to communicate effectively with swimmers, parents, coaches/teachers and committee to an excellent level in order to grow working relationships.
- Attend appropriate competitions.
- Have necessary permissions to work in the UK.
Hold Swim England/ASA minimum Level 2 Swimming Coaching Certificate.
Child Safeguarding Certificate from Swim England approved training provider.
The position is offered on a voluntary basis with expenses to be agreed.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
If you’re passionate about swimming, highly motivated with a desire to take the club to the next level, then we’d love to hear from you.
Apply with a CV and covering letter
For more information please contact Carnforth Otters Secretary at email@example.com